Influencer-generated content is the holy grail for advertising— especially on channels like Facebook and Instagram because:
- It’s faster and cheaper to create because influencers act as a distributed army of creators.
- The content they produce is a happy byproduct of influencer marketing campaigns, so it’s already paid for.
- It outperforms the content that brands create for themselves.
This content is particularly suited for Facebook advertising for three reasons:
- On Facebook, the image is responsible for 85% of the ad performance.
- Facebook requires a wide variety of content.
- Facebook requires a great volume of content that is frequently refreshed.
When social media teams pair with Facebook advertising teams to introduce IGC into the ad creation process, it allows them to produce far more targeted content creation and have far greater success.